2013 Media Information
2012 Media Information
- Visit Our Booth (#1643) at MINExpo 2012!
- August 22, 2012 - CSE Announces End of Distributor Agreement
- CUSTOMER NOTICE
Re: SR-100 RETRIEVAL & DISPOSAL PROCESS
- May 31, 2012 - CSE Announces Key Initiatives Aimed at Advancing the Production and Delivery of the SRLD
- May 23, 2012 - CSE: Setting the Record Straight
- May 6, 2012 - Monroeville's CSE Corp. Rebounds After Returning to Domestic Suppliers
- Effective Training Saves Lives Presentation
- April 26, 2012 - Statement from CSE regarding MSHA / NIOSH user notice for SR-100
- April 17, 2012 - Statement from CSE Regarding Status of SR-100
2011 Media Information
- July 26, 2011 - NEW SRLD Rescuer Device Approved by NIOSH and MSHA (Approval # TC-13F-0645)
- July 15, 2011 - Manufacturer of New Rescuer Product Points to Advanced Technology & Oxygen Starter
- February 1, 2011 - CSE Corporation Introduces New Miner Breathing Rescue Device
- January 14, 2011 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
2010 Media Information
- September 2, 2010 - Response to the Mine Safety & Health Administration's (MSHA) Procedure Instruction Letter No. I10-V-15 released August 31
- May 12, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- May 10, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- April 26, 2010 - Statement from CSE Corporation Regarding the Performance Coal - Upper Big Branch Mine Explosion
- February 26, 2010 - CSE Announces Limited Voluntary Recall of Certain SR-100's for Evaluation
- February 25, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice
News & Media Information: 2013
CSE provides free training through its "Train the Trainer" program, which covers, in detail, how to use and inspect the SRLD. For those personnel who have not yet completed this class, CSE is providing additional examples of SRLD temperature indicators that have been exposed to excessive heat. This is not intended as a replacement to training, but as an additional resource. Please see the following information as the SRLD temperature indicator has been designed to easily and quickly identify if the unit has been exposed to excessive heat.
CSE Corporation is pleased to announce the release of a new safety accessory product, the SR-D Retrofit Kit, which is now available for purchase! This new kit allows mines and mine training facilities to quickly and easily update their previously purchased SR-D training units to match the features of the new SRLD SCSR.
May 24, 2013 – CSE Corporation was recently featured in an article written by reporter Taylor Kuykendall from The State Journal, a business newspaper in West Virginia. The article highlights the efforts of CSE to improve training on Self-Contained Self-Rescuers.
CSE has become aware of a recent event involving the insertion of a CSE SCSR into a pouch manufactured by another company. An operator provided CSE with a SCSR that could not be extracted from its pouch. The identity of the manufacturer of the pouch was not apparent on its face.
January 23, 2013 – Many customers have now replaced SR-100s with the new CSE SRLD in advance of the December 31, 2013 phase-out deadline established by MSHA and NIOSH. CSE employees are working to ensure miners are fully protected with the technologically advanced SRLD, as well as to minimize the impact on our customers' operations.